UAViators (pronounced You-Aviators)
Our Mission is to bridge humanitarian and UAV communities internationally. We do this by supporting a global volunteer network of professional, civilian and responsible hobbyist UAV pilots who facilitate information sharing, coordination and operational safety in support of a broad range of humanitarian efforts. Thanks to our collaboration with Air-Vid, we have access to an additional 500 vetted pilots in 50 countries. We also want to be pro-active in educating new civilian pilots rather than wait for mistakes to be made. Our objectives are thus four-fold: provide coordination support, facilitate information sharing, enable safe UAV operations and establish clear standards for humanitarian use. Our proposed strategy for 2014-2015 is available here.
To get started:
- Please sign up (the private site has member-only features).
- Complete your profile and Start Here to make the most of your membership.
- If you're a pilot, please fill this out to join the Rapid Response Roster.
- To request or share aerial imagery of disaster areas, go to Ops.
- Join ongoing conversations by adding yourself to the List-Serve.
- Read the Code of Conduct.
Problems signing in? Please contact Patrick Meier.